Monday, September 21, 2009

Approved!

On September 16 Laura and I went before the Oneonta city planning committee concerning the possibility of using the River Street property for the new church. It was a fairly nerve-racking meeting, I've been living in New York now for about one month and I did not know anybody on the committee. But God is good, He answers prayers, and we were approved!
Read the full article here: The Daily Star
There were a few neighborhood residents that voiced concerns, and that is understandable since nobody knows anything about us or what our plans are. I tried my best to answer questions from the committee and local residents, and I think overall it went over well and nobody was bent on stopping us. It was good to see the neighbors and I will make efforts to get to know the neighborhood better as Laura and I move into the building and make it our home--fruit baskets, dinner invites, whatever it takes. Getting to know the people of Oneonta is pretty much our mission right now anyways.
In the end a vote was taken and we were approved by a 5-2 vote!
That's the latest, three steps down and 25 more to go until we can kick off this church in Oneonta. God has been incredibly faithful every step of the way!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaler,

    Nice post and neat to make it into the paper. Hope all is well. Pray for us as we try to relocate to a larger site.

    ReplyDelete