Friday, August 14, 2009

Moved to Oneonta!

It is the middle of August and Laura and I have successfully moved to Oneonta New York! Plus, the internet is finally up and running at our apartment, so be on the lookout for blog updates in rapid-fire succession.

Before we packed up the truck and moved up here (which is a blog entry in-and-of-itself), we took a week and visited Oneonta, and we loved what we found. Overall, we found the visit to be encouraging, in that all the things I researched about the community turned about to be true. What a relief it was to not find the town totally different than what I expected it to be, and have to start the search over again. God is faithful! It was also a relief that I didn't have to spend 6 months traveling to a new city every week like I originally planned, but through technology and prayer God dropped 1 specific town on my heart, and led me to it.

I want to share with you a video of our first 10 minutes in Oneonta from our July visit. It is not the greatest video in the world, but I think it captures well the excitement of following God, as well as chronicles this big step in the church planting adventure. Plus, as a community minded individual, I have always been interested in peoples first impressions of communities. I especially think any viewer from the area will enjoy seeing their town from a fresh perspective.



Laura and I have been living in New York for a week and a half now and things are moving quick. Here are some highlights: we have found a lawyer to advise us in drafting the paperwork to start a church, we have already found a possible building to start the ministry in, and we have a name picked out for the church (to be revealed later). Plus I won the "choice truck" trophy at a local carshow!

There is no shortage of news to write about, and Laura and I are amazed by God in new ways everyday as we step out in faith and stretch ourselves to make this happen. Thank you for your prayers, and feel free to contact me and I will try not to talk your ear off about all this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment